Websites to Locate Jobs
To access any of these sites - simply click the link and use the direction to assist with navigation.
MLIVE: Click on jobs, go to the "Job Seeker Start Here" area, complete one or both boxes to begin search
Indeed: Fill in the where box: "City, State & Zip" and search surrounding areas as well.
Craigslist : Choose Michigan and City, Look in Job Category
Jobs2Careers: Type City & State at the top, and you can even type the job your seeking in the search box.
Monster: Create a log in - Create and post resume at a later time.
Jobs In Your Area: Type Zip Code in the Location and click Search.
Snag A Job: Type in zip code for area of interest.
Mid-Michigan Jobs: Regional website to locate jobs
Career Builder: Type in type of job or city of interest or use category sections
Michigan Works: Click on the Job Seekers Services tab, you will be required to create an account to use this site under the job/talent bank area.
MSN Career Builder: This is an excellent website to assist you in looking for a job and how to apply.
Michigan Jobing: Type what kind of job you're seeking.
Tips for filling out online Applications
- Allow yourself at least one hour per application.
- Be prepared to complete assessment questions.
- Have a Resume and Cover Letter ready to upload.
- Resume should include up-to-date information tailored to that particular job.
- Avoid over-clicking buttons - be patient.
- Always "save."
- Re-read application before hitting submit.
- Do not leave fields blank.