Our program mission
Work-Based Learning, such as mentorships and internships, provide connections that bring learning to a whole new level. Our mission is to develop a high-quality experience by partnering industry employers with career ready high school students.
In addition to providing students with exposure and skills, businesses that participate in work-based learning benefit in multiple ways including:
- Increased talent pipelines to the workplace.
- Positive public exposure for the company.
- Ability to "grow your own" employee.
- Contact with young professionals holding current industry certifications.
- Access to the Work-Based Learning Job Board to fill current and future employment needs.
Meet your Coordinator
- Auto Mechanics
- Collision Repair & Custom Painting
- Dental Occupations
- Early Childhood & Education
- Forensic Science
- Health Technologies/ Medical Science
- Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice
- Nursing Assistant
- Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy/Sports Medicine
- Small Engine Repair
- Veterinary Science
- Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Building Trades I & II
- Culinary Arts, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Emergining Technologies-Computers, Multimedia & Software
- Engineering & Drafting
- Graphics & Printing Communications
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Marketing & Management
- Precision Machining
Below you will find a list of documents that may be helpful to you as an employer, whether you currently are participating in Bay-Arenac ISD Career Center's Work-Based Learning program, or are considering joining.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have!