BAY-ARENAC ISD ASD PROGRAM
Bay-Arenac ISD offers a continuum of services for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). We offer self contained programs for students with ASD as well as supports in a less restrictive environment.
Our programs for students with ASD are housed in our local school districts, as well as our Living and Learning Centers. The students range from 5-26 years old. Students in Pre K-5th grade attend self contained classrooms housed in our local districts. Students 6th-26 years old attend school at our Living and Learning Centers, one located in Essexville and the other in Standish.
Eligibility for our ASD classrooms is through a referral process which starts with the student's resident district. Placement considerations begin with the least restrictive environment. When data determines that a self-contained classroom is necessary, the local district contacts the program supervisor.
For more information on Bay-Arenac ISD autism programs and services, please contact 989-667-3215.
It is our priority to give students, parents, and staff the resources and education to empower individuals within the Emotional Impairment Program to be productive members of the community. Our goal is to provide awareness and share effective best practice strategies for addressing the needs of the students which will foster appropriate behaviors, positive peer interactions, social acceptance and emotional development.
- SAFE and WELCOMING environment for all students
- Families have a supportive atmosphere to discuss the student's FUTURE
- Promote parental and community COLLABORATION
- Students will be given opportunities to GROW academically, socially and emotionally in the classroom as well as the community
- Behavior and emotional needs are supported through specific classroom programs and individualized behavior plans
- EDUCATION of students will be delivered in the least restrictive environment as determined by the student's needs
- Data and evaluations will be used for service recommendations
- All classrooms will utilize RESEARCH-BASED educational strategies
Bay-Arenac ISD is committed to providing students with a quality education that centers on communication, academics, social skills, employability skills, and behavior through the use of evidence based practices. In order to meet this goal, staff members working with students are actively involved with the Statewide Autism Resources and Training (START) program through Grand Valley State University.