Bay-Arenac ISD McKinney Vento
Students and families living in temporary situations (Homeless Education & Supports)
Are You a Bay-Arenac ISD Student or Parent/Guardian Experiencing a Lack of Permanent Housing?
Who is Eligible for Services?
Any student who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate overnight residence (at any time during the school year) may be eligible to receive services.
If you live in any of the following situations, you may be eligible for rights and services provided by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act:
- In a shelter or on the street
- In a motel or campground
- In a car, park, abandoned building, bus or train station
- Couch surfing/doubled up with others due to loss of housing, foreclosure, eviction or economic hardship
- Inadequate living accommodations (i.e. overcrowding, lack of plumbing, heating, or electricity)
- Youth living on their own, without a parent or legal guardian
You also have the right to:
- Enroll in and attend school, no matter where you live or how long you have lived there
- Continue attending the same school after experiencing loss of housing, or transfer to a new school
- Receive transportation assistance, if possible
- Receive school meal programs
- Receive Title I services