Employability Skills Training
Online Application Tips
Tips for filling out online applications
- Allow yourself at least one hour per application.
- Be prepared to complete assessment questions.
- Have a Resume and Cover Letter ready to upload.
- Resume should include up-to-date information tailored to that particular job.
- Avoid over-clicking buttons - be patient.
- Always “save.”
- Re-read application before hitting submit.
- Do not leave fields blank.
Cover Letter Templates
A cover letter is a one page document that is included with your resume when applying for a job. It is meant to:
- Introduce yourself to the hiring manager.
- State why you’d be a good fit for the job.
- Fill in places your resume cannot describe.
Blank Cover Letter to assist you in creating your own document.
Cover Letter Power Phrases to help you create a stand-out cover letter.
WHY ARE RESUMES SO IMPORTANT
The average employer spends only 10 seconds looking at a resume. In this increasingly competitive job market, you must have a professionally crafted resume to stand out. The purpose of your resume is to make a good first impression, and if you cannot achieve this goal, then your chances of an interview are virtually impossible.
YOUR RESUME SHOULD ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS
- Who are you?
- What can you do for me?
- Do you have the skills I’m looking for?
- Where have you worked before?
- Is your experience relevant to my needs?
- Do you have the right education and credentials? )
- What kind of person are you?
- Do I see any “red flags” in your background?
- Can I easily get in touch with you?
Typing a resume can be very difficult and stressful. We have developed several templates to assist you in your resume development.